Friday March 4th

Updates: 

Next week is parent teacher conferences, please sign up for a time to discuss  your child's progress with me.  These will be online conferences, and take place Thursday Evening and Friday AM.  

This Week...

We used elastics and a bucket to make low and high tones- Feras

We did the Gummy Bear Fitness run- Sophia

I learned about Hertz, they measure sound frequency, how fast or slow the sound waves travel -Aaradhya

I enjoyed doing division arrays- Diti

I liked multiplication war- Feras

We researched the range of Hertz an animal can hear, and I learned that the Greater Waxed Moth has the best hearing in the animal kingdom.  They can hear pitches up to 300,000 Hertz- Sebi

I had fun doing math minutes- Makar

I had fun doing the scavenger hunt inside and outside measuring decibels, this measures how loud or soft a sound is.  The air horn was really loud- Abi

A Beluga Whale can hear up 123,000 HZ- Yug

I enjoyed learning and researching how many HZ animals can hear- Mahi

I learned that a human has a range between 20-20,000 HZ

You can prevent hearing damage by; wearing ear protectors and don't stay near loud noises for too long- Aarav